Saturday, July 13, 2013

Brother Marshall's mission call


 

 
Brother Marshall and his family right before he
opens his mission call.
 
 
Brother Marshall's official call.
 
 
Those are my boys!!!

 
We had quite a crowd last night. I'm guessing around 5,000 guests.
 
I want to share a very touching moment we had during the evening devotional on Thursday
just before the dress rehearsal.
 
Rob Moffet, the production manager, was giving some last minute instructions. During his instructions he paused to tell the cast how remarkable he thought the Work Crew was and what a wonderful job he thought they were doing. He said something like, they work so hard and do so much and really never get the recognition or thanks they deserve. Then spontaneously the cast started to clap. And they got louder and louder and louder, and then one by one they started standing. It wasn't long before the entire cast was on their feet giving the Work Crew a standing ovation. I heard later that Rob was very touched and emotional about the cast's response. It was a very special moment for me to see these young men be rewarded by the cast for all they do to make the show happen and to keep the cast safe. In all my years at Pageant I have NEVER before seen the cast give a
standing ovation to the Work Crew. It was priceless. I think it also opened a lot of eyes and hearts to just how much these young men DO do.
 
ONE PIECE OF BUSINESS
 
Parents, if you would like to see your son during his time at Pageant would you please
E-MAIL me at mamahess7@gmail.com. It is much easier if I have your requests in print so I can refer back to them as I try to schedule your visits. This next week will be busy and if at all possible I would like to arrange for you to see them, but if it is not possible to have a special time with just him I will make sure he sees you before the show begins. If you leave me a phone number I will text you back to confirm a time and place to meet him. A call the day of to remind me would be greatly appreciated also. You should have my number in the parents hand book. If you don't have it just email me and I will send it to you.
I look forward to meeting more of you as this next week unfolds.
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments: